What is the bootcamp about?
In this era, where data-driven decision making, documentation and presentation are all tied together, it is of prime importance, for an organization as well as individuals to possess these skills. Every industry requires the basic knowledge of the above to facilitate faster processes and improved productivity.
This 3 day (18 hours) Microsoft webinar bootcamp will empower participants with the knowhow of three important tools used across the industry today – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. Using these tools, you will work with real business related data and learn the technicalities and the best practices of each of the processes.
As part of this webinar bootcamp, participants are expected to complete a project exercise on each day which will allow them to use the knowledge gained during this bootcamp and apply them in the real world.
Bootcamp Learning Objectives
After completing the 3 day bootcamp, the participant will:
- Learn the technicalities and how to document efficiently using Microsoft Word
- Understand and learn presentation techniques
- Perform data manipulation and analysis on Excel
- Know the best practices of each of the above
Day 1 - Microsoft Word
- Formatting a document
- Working with headers and footers
- Using page and section breaks in a document
- Creating and formatting tables
- Working with comments/revision and tracking documents
- Creating Table of Contents and References
- Tips and Tricks in Microsoft Word
Day 2 - Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel is a very widely used tool with many organizations and departments and being able to produce a quick analysis is an asset. This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to work with and analyze data and work with business cases using Microsoft Excel. The objective is to familiarize the participants with the fundamentals of how to manage, transform and analyze data using the various functions and the power of Excel.
- Hands-on using functions in Excel
- Learn Advanced data analysis using Excel
- Learn how to create Pivot table and Pivot charts to analyse data
- Learn to create, manage and query databases
- Introduction to Excel
- Working with functions and formulas in Excel
- Creating and using Pivot Tables
- Creating Charts and graphs in Excel
- Formatting Charts
- Conditional Formatting in Excel
- Working with Filters
- Protecting Workbooks
Day 3 - Microsoft Powerpoint
This PowerPoint course will equip learners with the knowledge and skills to create impactful and impressive presentations. It will allow participants to apply and demonstrate very useful techniques within PowerPoint to create, modify and enhance the slides.
- Know more about the target audience and how to customize the presentation
- Understand effective techniques for discussions, body language, color schemes and other important presentation guidelines
- Explore default templates and learn to format slides
- Use charts to connect to data and external links
- Apply advance formatting features for charts, texts, diagrams to make it more presentable
- Gain insights into effective skills for presentation
- Understanding the Audience
- Delivery Methods, Body Language and Communication
- Kicking off your first presentation
- Using Charts and Graphical Objects for effective presentations
- Adding animations and transitions to slides
- Using multimedia to make slides informative
- Embedding external sources to add value to a presentation
- Best Practices – Creating a great presentation
Each participant will be awarded a certificate of completion at the end of the bootcamp
The bootcamp will cost S$300 per person. For group discounts, directly get in touch with us.
Intake 1: 20th May, 2020 (Training Dates: 20th May, 22nd May, 23rd May)
Intake 2: 23rd June, 2020 (Training Dates: 23rd June, 25th June, 27th June)
Intake 3: 21st July, 2020 (Training Dates: 20th July, 22nd July, 25th July)
Use the registration link below, fill in the form, or write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifiying which intake you want to register form.
Click here to register for this bootcamp.